Who We Are
We are a diverse team of healthcare professionals who engage in groundbreaking research and collaborate with families to offer first-rate care to sick newborns.
In Brief | Division News
STANFORD PRESENCE AT AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS NATIONAL CONFERENCE & EXHIBITION: The AAP Experience National Conference & Exhibition is in Chicago, IL, September 16-19.
- Lou Halamek, MD, gives the Gerald Merenstein Lecture, the keynote address at the AAP Section on Neonatal Perinatal Medicine.
- Upon stepping down as Editor-in-Chief of NeoReviews, emeritus professor Alistair Philip, MD, is being recognized at a retirement reception.
- William Northway Jr., MD, professor emeritus of pediatrics and radiology, receives the Neonatal Landmark Award for his contributions to the study of bronchopulmonary dysplasia.
- DR. LUCY LEE TAKES ON NEW DIRECTOR ROLE: Lucy Lee, MD, assumed the role of Associate Coaching Director for the Pediatric Residency Coaching Program.
- DR. ANNA-KAISA NIEMI IS AUTHOR ON AAP CLINICAL REPORT ON PEDIATRIC INTEGRATIVE MEDICINE: Updated from 2008, the Clinical Report on complementary medicine from the Section on Integrative Medicine is published in the September 2017 issue of Pediatrics and available online. Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine Fellow Anna-Kaisa Niemi, MD, PhD, is an author. This American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) Clinical Report reviews commonly used complementary therapies including dietary supplements; diet; movement and body-based practices such as massage; mind-body therapies such as yoga; and acupuncture. It highlights where research is strong and where gaps remain so clinicians can more skillfully advise patients and their families, and it provides resources and clinical tools. It also covers epidemiology, research updates, regulatory standards, medical-legal aspects, licensing considerations, and training and education initiatives.