Please note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all 2021 interviews will continue to be fully virtual.
The Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine Fellowship Program utilizes the Association of American Medical Colleges' Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and participants in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). Post-residency applications must be submitted through ERAS. Paper applications will not be accepted.
To register with ERAS and review information regarding application procedures, requirements, and deadlines, please visit the ERAS website.
Please visit the NRMP for details regarding the match process and registration information.
Fellowship Administrative Associate
Required Documentation to be Submitted via ERAS
Please submit a completed ERAS application, which includes the following documentation:
- Medical school transcript (certified English translation if from foreign institution)
- Three letters of recommendation (more than three is optional)
- Personal statement
- Of note: The Division of Neonatal and Developmental Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, and Stanford School of Medicine value trainees who are committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. Candidates may optionally include as part of their personal statement a brief discussion of how their work will further these ideals.
- Current CV
- USMLE transcript with scores to date
- MSPE/Dean's letter (required for U.S. medical schools; provide if available for foreign medical schools)
- Photograph for ERAS system (optional)
Out-of-State and Out-of-Country Scholars
All applicants must have completed their residency from an ACGME-accredited program in either the U.S. or Canada. The Division of Neonatal and Developmental Medicine welcomes out-of-state and out-of-country scholars; however, we do not provide advice or support for becoming legally able to practice medicine in the state of California. All post-residency fellows must have a California Medical License prior to beginning their fellowship. The post-residency fellowship program can accept applicants on J1 Visas but does not sponsor international medical school graduates on H1B Visas. Please visit the following web sites for more information: